AAS Health Information Billing and Coding
This program is designed for individuals interested in pursuing a career path in Health Information Management and Technology.
At the conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply Revenue cycle management skills including medical coding and reimbursement methodologies.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics and confidentiality as required of a healthcare professional.
- Apply the navigation of electronic and manual healthcare records systems and medical claims software.
- Apply knowledge of medical coding, practice management, and healthcare reimbursement for payer collections and audits.
- Identify accurate health information documentation for the organization, patients, and third party payers.
- Apply legal principles, policies, and standards to protect the privacy and security of health information.
- Reference and utilize payer websites for preauthorization, data interchange, and claims processing.
- Apply knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology necessary to correctly code provider diagnoses and services.
The College Catalog/Student Handbook has more details about this degree.