Students completing the Technical Certificate-Basic Welding program should be able to:
- Use skills that meet industry standards.
- Develop skills necessary for state and national welding certifications.
- Work as an effective and dependable team member as well as independently.
- Demonstrate safe work habits that reflect concern and care for self, others, and the environment.
- Develop the skills necessary to secure employment.
- Demonstrate appropriate safe work habits when operating oxy-fuel and electric welding equipment and function safely in a welding environment.
- Display manipulative skills with various welding processes to assure adequate weld integrity and appearance.
- Perform welding operations with appropriate process on various metals and situations.
- Know basic fundamentals of math and measurements.
The College Catalog/Student Handbook has more details about this degree.