Certified Nursing Assistant
The Certified Nursing Assistant Program provides courses of instruction and experience that will prepare individuals to be a qualified member of a health care team. This program is taught following the Arkansas Long Term Care Facility Nursing Assistant Training Curriculum.
After participating in the learning environment offered through this program and successfully completing the required courses the successful student will be able to:
- Outline basic physical, emotional and psychosocial aspects of an elderly client.
- Demonstrate caring, supportive and safe care of clients.
- Define the scope of practice of a nurse assistant.
- Explain how the nursing assistant is an important part of the health care team.
- Practice non-specialized tasks (basic nurse assistant skills) related to the personal care and comfort of residents, including activities of daily living.
- Demonstrate effective, professional communication skills with faculty, clients and health care team members.
The College Catalog/Student Handbook has more details about this degree.