Machine Tool Technology
At the completion of the program, students should be able to:
- Perform programming, set-up, and operation of CNC machine tools
- Make machine and/or tooling selection decisions according to accepted machine tool practices
- Accurately measure parts using precision measuring tools to maintain quality control of machined parts.
- Interpret information from a blueprint.
- Perform set-up and operation of basic manually operated metal working machines.
- Produce parts from a blue print on a manual machine.
- Use effective communication skills.
- Apply mathematical concepts
- Demonstrate ability to think critically.
- Use technology effectively.
- Apply basic safety practices in the machine shop.
- Develop skills necessary for entry-level technician and operator positions in manufacturing technology
The College Catalog/Student Handbook has more details about this degree.