Emergency Medical Technician
This program is designed to prepare students for the basic EMT certification administered by the Arkansas Health Department. This course includes the following components:
- 128 hours of instruction and clinical experience
- 8 college credit hours (Technical not College Transfer), EMT 108
- Instruction in anatomy, dealing with trauma, splinting, use of spine boards, bandaging, and emergency care of patients with an emphasis on emergency intervention at a basic level.
Upon successful completion of the EMT Basic 108- lec-01, the student will:
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing basic emergency care required at the scene of a traumatic injury or medical emergency.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities in performing the emergency care and operational aspects of the job.
- Demonstrate the skills for basic life-saving techniques and other emergency treatment.
- Demonstrate the proper use and care of all required equipment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all course-required skills.
The College Catalog/Student Handbook has more details about this degree.