Educational Opportunity Center
Educational Opportunity Center is a federally funded TRiO Program that offers free assistance to adults (19 and older) with the process of completing the high school equivalency certification and/or enrolling in and completing a post-secondary education degree or certificate. The EOC Program at UA Rich Mountain aims to assist individuals with the process of applying for financial aid and admissions to enter college at any institution in Arkansas or the United States.
What Can We Do To Help You?
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Complete College Admissions Applications
- Assist with Locating and Enrolling in GED Programs
- Administer Accuplacer Exam for College Entrance
Who is Eligible for EOC Services?
- US Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Adults age 19 and older
- US Veterans regardless of age
- Military-Connected Spouses and Children regardless of age
- High School Students who are not being Served by ETS, UB or UBMS
How Much Do Services Cost?
- All EOC services are FREE-no charge at all!
How Can I get Started?
- Complete an EOC Application
- Visit with an EOC Staff member in person at Waldron, Mt Ida or Mena
- Email or Call an EOC Staff member
Once Eligibility has been determined, you will be accepted into the program!
College Admission Assistance
- Provide information about post-secondary education
- Assistance with the college application process
- Administers Accuplacer exam for college entrance
- Assistance with preparing for other college entrance exams (ACT or SAT)
Financial Aid Assistance
- Information about financial aid opportunities
- Assistance with completing the Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA)
- Assistance with locating and applying for scholarships
- Choosing a College
- Choosing a Major
- Class Selection and Registration
- College Transfer
- Provides career information
- Administers career interest inventories and exploration
- Secondary School equivalency guidance (GED classes or testing)
- Financial Literacy Workshops
- Targeted services for veterans and military-connect families
EOC Frequently Asked Questions
Additional Financial Aid Help
Office Hours & Locations
Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
1100 College Dr
Mena, AR 71953
(479) 394-7622, ext. 1643 or 1644
Montgomery County Center
31 Industry Dr
P. O. Box 1223
Mt Ida, AR 71957
456 W 6th St
PO Box 114
Waldron, AR 72958